πŸŽπŸ“ Healthy (and not-so-healthy-but yummm) Snacks


I keep telling myself: "I want to munch on something right now but I'm not super hungry because I just had a big feast about 2 hours ago. I wish I could just keep snacking without sparing a thought on my weight...." Can you relate?

The trouble is real when it comes to finding healthy snacks to 'entertain' your teeth and satisfy your craving. Everybody knows that fruits are healthy but they're specifically not convenient for me to bring along because I hate carrying multiple bags (purse and lunch bag) in the morning. Hence, I turn all kinds of fresh fruits to dehydrated fruits to minimize the size of that snack portion of the day, while my teeth are still happy with the crisp of the texture. That is why I totally fell in love with my Food Dehydrator from the first try.

There's no limitation of what fruits you can dehydrate. Throw on the trays any of your favorites. Only make sure they're thin enough to be dry and crispy within a set timing but not too thin to stick on the tray and break when you try to remove them. My all time favorite is dried apples. I've tried a few options including dipping sliced apples into lemon juice to avoid browning and sprinkling some cinnamon on top. I'd say I favor the 'naked' apples most which are purely dehydrated without any additional topping or treatment. It was because I couldn't really stand the sourness of lemon juice after the dip meanwhile it didn't look too brown to me, or at least I didn't mind it much. So if you're not a fan of sourness, try cinnamon sprinkle only or skip it, the apples still look and taste amazing.

Similarly to other fruits, I don't like adding anything on top because I want to keep the original taste. It's the most time saving way as well because, trust me, you won't be patient enough to spare any more time prepping while the dehydration process can already takes up to 12 hours to reach the crispy level.

Now, here they are. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.






Oh well, here comes days that I don't want to stay healthy at all and I desperately crave for beef jerky instead. Guess what, I can even make them by myself now. It only takes about 3-4 hours depends on the beef weights and the power of your dehydrator. For the seasonings, I simply use the Jerky Spice Kit from Nesco that includes a cure and a spice pack, no additional spice needed. Super easy and tasty !!





I can see that you're searching for the dehydrator on amazon, Google Express, OfferUp and what not right after this post :). There are a few brands to choose from. Mine is from Nesco and I have nothing to complain about it so far. It's the best love affair ever !!


xoxo
Krafty LuπŸ€


Comments

Popular Posts