πŸŽ„❄ DIY Mini Cooper in the Jar.



Am I the only one who danced across Hobby Lobby's aisles a hundred times to debate what NOT to haul for Christmas decor? As a Seattleite, as much as I love sunny days and hate dirty snow, sometimes in summer, I do wish I could fast forward to winter for the white Christmas and to sit next to the fireplace with a warm cocoa. ummmmm... Can you relate?

That's right ! It's only September now. Isn't it ridiculous when we all start thinking about Stocking Stuffer and new decoration ideas for this year? (I personally hauled a bunch of ornaments and Christmas decor from a few garage sale in the middle of summer - life hack for Christmas decor saving. Bingo!) A few craft stores have already displayed all kinds of merchandise that can seriously hurt your wallet real bad at the moment so be caution if you ever get "lost" in those stores. Hobby Lobby (HB) is an excellent example. I always spent a couple hours in HB to pick up lots of picks from poinsettia, snowy berry pine to tiny pine trees, jingle bells and what not. There is a bottomless list of ideas that I can play around with anything I can find at HB as long as I can afford it, and I kicked of my DIY crafts this year with this mini cooper in the jar. (I'm not even sure if a mini cooper could haul a pine tree at the same ratio in real life, but psttt...imagination is the key, isn't it?)


Aside from the jars I collected from an old spaghetti sauce and Target, I got pretty much everything else from HB. What you need are:
- A pint size elite mason jar (wide mouth)
- Miniature pine trees (I used the smallest ones)
- Jingle bells
- Red and white twine
- Artificial snow
- A miniature car/ pickup truck (I got mine at Target but for a cooler red pickup truck, you can find here amazon )

Assembling everything is not too complicated. As you can see in the picture, the first step is just to wrap around the jar lid twice with a piece of twine and tie a knot or a bow per your liking. Use other pieces of twine to attach the jingle bells to the loop - you're now done with the lid.

Tie the pine tree on the roof of the car/truck with another piece of twine and then use hot glue to stable the car/truck on the jar bottom. 

The last part is the hardest, wrinkle the the snow in !! Haha. Just make sure you don't over pour the snow into the jar as you definitely want to show off your gorgeous car and the Christmas tree. And honestly, who like having their car got stuck in such heavy snow?

Tadaaaa, I think I covered pretty much everything. The rest is to use your camera's magic to snap a few shots, or simply display it wherever you want to. It's never too early to put the Christmas decor on !!


The actual scale of the mason jar 
Just me being obsessed with the outcome


I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and am looking forward to seeing your creation as well.

xoxo
Krafty Lu πŸ€



Comments

Popular Posts